Wednesday, August 18, 2010

blah

This week has been a busy one for us. Monday, I started the registration process for Anthony's Pre-K program. Today, we went to orientation. Friday, Anthony gets his school physical.

Open house/meet the teacher night is in 2 weeks and then he starts school the day after Labor Day.

I found out that this program is NOT a half day program like I had read on their website. I am really bummed that now I really won't ever get to see him because of my work schedule and his school schedule. :(

I also found out that they won't bus him to/from the day care he goes to on Mondays and Fridays because he would be the only one at that stop. So, now I have to look for another day care that they WILL bus him to/from for before/after school care. This means he will be going to 2 day cares along with the school. Jeez.

I'm really starting to doubt whether I am doing the right thing by putting him in Pre-K. I know that it would be the only way he gets real school-type learning because the day care he goes to on the weekends is nothing but free time. Outside, inside with toys and TV. Too much TV. I feel like that place is dumbing him down because they don't do anything there. But I am hardly going to see him once he starts school. :(

I just... wish things were different for us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Yvonne! :( That has to be hard. I couldn't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's frustrating. Sorry to hear about the mix up. I hope you can find a solution that you're comfortable with and won't be stressed out by.

    Good luck to Anthony! My kids start on Monday.

    ReplyDelete